What a weekend!
- The NHL continues to agonize over its schedule (login info.). I’m definitely with the conventional wisdom that says teams need to see each other more than once or twice a decade. The NHL just doesn’t have enough stars in each division to make the current schedule work.
- Does anyone remember the last time Martin Havlat was healthy? This is pretty interesting: over the past two seasons, Havlat has played only 74 regular season games, for a roughly 45% regular season attendance rate. It’s a good thing his contract isn’t hourly, right?
- Is goalie Curtis Joseph retiring (login info.)? He might be, if no teams give him a call. When he went to Detroit, he was ready to take over the hockey world. And then, Dom Hasek came out of retirement and I think the uncertainty of the Detroit situation completely robbed Joseph of his confidence. He was really never the same goalie. And Hasek is still playing. Weird.
- PopJocks looks at the hockey week in review.
- Goodbye, Hockeybird. You’ll be missed.