I know it’s early, but I’m always curious about what lines are going to look like when the season starts, so here’s a quick look around the league:
- In Phoenix, it looks like Olli Jokinen won’t be playing with Shane Doan, in an attempt to spread out size, and probably, to help protect rookie Kyle Turris.
- Over in Calgary, Mike Keenan seems to be sticking with Jarome Iginla, Todd Bertuzzi and Daymond Langkow, even though the results haven’t been great so far.
- In Anaheim, they’re expecting a lot of their second line (Teeme Selanne, Brendan Morrison, and Chris Kunitz).
- Finally, in San Jose, the lines are about what you would expect.
Also, while just about everyone in the free (and not-so-free) world has picked the Blues to finish last (or worse), goalie Manny Legace still believes in the Notes. Before you get too excited or charmed or moved, you should probably look at the other things Legace also believes in:
- Santa Claus
- Alien abduction
- Cubs World Series in 2009
- Mats Sundin finishing his book, HOW TO BE DECISIVE THE SUNDIN WAY.