It’s corn Friday. Sorry!
- Buccigross’ ‘Heatley will be a Shark’ call is just a big misunderstanding: he’s talking about an upcoming Ottawa production of WESTSIDE STORY. Also, don’t miss Jason Spezza as Maria.
- The Sabres released photos of the commemorative bricks from the Aud, which they’ll be selling. So the Sabres will hold onto bricks from demolished buildings, but not players? Daniel Briere, Chris Drury, Brian Campbell, etc. can’t feel good about that. At least now we know the best way to stick around the Sabres is to have some kind of plaque attached to you.
I know you’re out there. I can hear you breathing.
- Adrian Dater asks who should be the next captain of the Avs: Adam Foote or Paul Stastny. Foote is obviously very interested in wearing the C for Colorado, as it could give him some trade leverage.
- New Calgary coach Brent Sutter has been impressing his players with his attention to detail. Of course there’s one detail Sutter often misses: the contractual one. Am I right, New Jersey?
Is this thing on?
- Speaking of New Jersey, former Devils coach Larry Robinson said he might be getting the itch to coach again. Which is great, because GM Lou Lamoriello says he’s getting the itch to fire again.
Thanks! You’ve been great! Don’t forget to tip your waiters.